Sunday, January 8, 2012

You've Gotta Update Your Fairy Tale, Baby

Last night I watched the funny rom-com Friends with Benefits. Your standard boy meets girl and they fall in love but don't realize it until a grand-gesture-at-the-end kind of a movie. I laughed, I cried, and shockingly, I was inspired (yes inspired by a cheesy rom-com!)

Jamie (Mila Kunis) is hooked on the idea of the classic fairy tale. She wants Prince Charming to come in and sweep her off her feet. But her mom tells her: "That's not who you want. I mean, you're looking for a man to be your partner. Someone you can take on the world with. You've gotta update your fairy tale, baby." Love it!

In light of this rom-com inspiration, I remembered a project I worked on last year. OK so it wouldn't be super great if the updated version of Snow White turned out to be a depressed addict but these images are evidence that life doesn't have just one formulaic, storybook ending; that things change; and that sometimes the unexpected can make life a little more interesting.



 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment