Friday, January 13, 2012

Jeff and his Jaguar

A family friend recently asked me to photograph his Jaguar. The car is freakin' gorgeous and I was excited to get started! Since I really only photograph anything but cars, I worked with Jeff (a serious Jaguar expert and enthusiast) to get some ideas on how to successfully capture the essence of this rad car.

First, he wanted me to highlight some interior and exterior details. I was afraid to even touch the door handle for fear of fingerprints but he kindly told me to just relax (and then followed me around at all times with a rag to wipe the car clean of any smudges).

For lighting, I wanted natural light but I found that at first we were in tree coverage and the light was splotchy, casting some unwanted shadows. So relocation to a parking lot (a great day for a drive with the top down!) and the light was a solid, consistent sunlight that had the car sparkling with pride.

A final tip, make sure there aren't any ugly trees or street lamps or beat up parked cars or piles of dirt in your background—all things that I found appearing in some of the images, ugg. I mean who wants a pile of dirt right next to a dazzling Jag? Regardless, the day was a great success. Thanks to Jeff and his Jag for such a fun day!



  




















1 comment: