Monday, February 14, 2011

Color in the Dark

I started a color darkroom class a few weeks ago. The process is so light-sensitive, you have to expose your paper in complete darkness. So I spend 3 hours of classtime a week in a pitch black room, walking around with my arms out in front of me, bumping into walls and laughing at how funny I must look. As much as I thought I would hate this whole process - particularly fearing that my claustrophobia would kick in and cause major panic attacks - I've actually found the experience quite peaceful and I love the final prints that I've been able to make. Here are some photographs from my scanned color film - a snowy 2am adventure a few weeks ago, winter in NYC, and a few apartment shots.









 





3 comments:

  1. Love the city shots! The second one makes me feel so relaxed and peaceful - I want to curl up out there in a sleeping bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! I love the colors you've achieved. Each of these shots are so beautiful. The snowy pictures are so atmospheric. I really like the last three interior shots. Who painted that chair?! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, I love the nighttime. As such, I find these pictures particularly enthralling.

    ReplyDelete